"Vlogger Motorcyclist" Mordeth 13 in a bad accident

Cars, motorcycles, and scooters in Taiwan. Here's where the greasemonkeys and gearheads talk shop. Oh, and if you're looking to buy a used car, check out the vehicle listings at www.taiwanted.com.

"Vlogger Motorcyclist" Mordeth 13 in a bad accident

Postby John Ross » Sun Nov 23, 2014 16:11

I see that Mordeth recently had an accident - two broken legs and a damaged left hand. Surprisingly it was not a collision with another vehicle but the result of hitting a wall. Get well soon, Mordeth.

He posted the following on Facebook. (He's on Facebook under the name Mordeth13.)

I had a bad crash on Monday November 14th. A very bad crash. I was leading a tour and due to the very safe and slow pace that we do I was looking around a lot and I took my eyes off the road for too long. I cut across the oncoming lane and hit a short partition wall. My scooter and dog both smartly bounced off the wall and slid to a stop...both relatively unhurt. While I, being not as smart...flew over the wall and out into the air, it was great like superman! And then I plummeted about 35 feet to the loving embrace of the waiting pavement of a lower road.

I've broken both my upper legs. And lost half of my left hand. My every hour of every day is horrifying. I pooped today...was beyond horrific...haha...no really it was...imagine trying to poop with two broken legs...laying flat out on a bed and then trying to clean it with only one hand.

My son JD just lost his entire financial security. I just lost my life savings and all my plans for the future. In the first few days at the hospital I got very happy on the inside when I saw the windows didn't have bars on them. And then almost cried when someone opened one and I saw that they only open an inch. That was my state of mind. YouTube Search : M13 parenting baby JD

I'm doing better now. My wife is being incredibly helpful and supportive. But I don't know how long she can keep it up...

Taiwan medical covers the majority of it, but I'm still looking at large sums of money over the next few months. Plus thousands in lost income and I was barely breaking even to begin the with.

It will be 4-6 months before I can walk again, my beautiful baby boy has lost his daddy. Update: 6-9 months... right leg is worse than they thought.

If all of my 150,000 subscribers gave a dollar I'd probably make it through this. If they all gave 10 then my family would be stronger from this than before.

But either way I can't do this without your help. I really really can't. My life is in your hands.

If there are any charities that could help...that would be great.

Money is needed for medical bills, lost income, care giving, wheelchairs, home improvements (wheelchair ramps...etc) and other things I'm forgetting.

I don't know how these charity websites work and it's taken me 5 days just to write this. So for now I'm just going to list my PayPal account : [email protected] .

Othr ways to help...spread the word. If your someone with influence do a charity drive. If you're an artist I'll be asking for help with that type of stuff.

But whoever you are please spare something now to bring some hope to the most horrific time in my life.

PayPal account : [email protected] (yes, extra e )

You can check that that is my correct PayPal by checking http://www.M13online.com .

All the people on my current tour can confirm all this as well as all my friends.

And I know it feels weird to "like" a post about something horrible, but likes equal support and more circulation.

These users gave kudos to the author John Ross for the post:
Formosa Fitness (Mon Nov 24, 2014 13:47)
John Ross
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 323 times
Has gotten kudos: 534 times

Re: "Vlogger Motorcyclist" Mordeth 13 in a bad accident

Postby jimipresley » Sun Nov 23, 2014 16:24

Good heavens! That's terrible. Poor lad. :cry:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2515 times
Has gotten kudos: 1527 times

Postby Bubbha » Sun Nov 23, 2014 17:08

Broken legs suck. I sent him some dolares Americanos to help defray costs

Get better soon, man.

These users gave kudos to the author Bubbha for the post:
jimipresley (Sun Nov 23, 2014 17:10)
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 270 times

Postby Jaboney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 17:19

And posted this photo, supposedly of the accident site:

Spoiler:

Not that I would doubt him, but does anyone know if this is legit?
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy. - Spider Robinson
Jaboney
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 199 times
Has gotten kudos: 429 times

Postby Bubbha » Sun Nov 23, 2014 17:23

It's real. That's him; he also has numerous witnesses from the tour group he was leading.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Jaboney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 17:43

It's been a while, but I recognized him. And I read that bit about the witnesses. But... still thought I'd ask.

I had a bad crash on Monday November 14th. A very bad crash.

Maybe he meant Monday the 17th... I imagine he's pretty doped up.
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy. - Spider Robinson
Jaboney
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 199 times
Has gotten kudos: 429 times

Postby Bubbha » Sun Nov 23, 2014 18:15

Yeah, that would be a typo. His most recent video was posted after the 14th, and what I read in the lasest online talk was that the accident about happened 5 days ago.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby cfimages » Sun Nov 23, 2014 19:32

Poor guy. Hope he recovers well.
cfimages
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 687 times
Has gotten kudos: 910 times

Postby Dragonbones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 21:15

Aye!
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 524 times
Has gotten kudos: 1041 times

Postby Corns » Mon Nov 24, 2014 03:53

Get well soon Mordeth!

It is well recommended that expats get some type of AD&D insurance if they are overseas and using the roads a lot.
Chairman of Overseas Canadians United in Nominating Trump

You're actually a nihilistic sociopath wrapped up in a Canadian flag pretending to be some giant intellect tapping away from a southern French shed.---Broonale
Corns
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 212 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 06:50

It is well recommended that expats get some type of AD&D insurance if they are overseas and using the roads a lot.

WORD - +1. Taiwan insurance is good, but its pretty basic. Get additional coverage.

Thank you Mr. Ross for posting this info.

Mordeth13 please concentrate on healing. Bless You.

Lets help this guy if possible. :twocents:
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Postby HeadhonchoII » Mon Nov 24, 2014 07:35

The vids are entertaining and show the real Taiwan, I hope you recover as soon as possible.
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby irishstu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 09:12

Get well soon, Mordeth13!
My guitar projects: http://diystrat.blogspot.com
irishstu
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 188 times
Has gotten kudos: 161 times

Postby maoman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05

Man, that's rough. Hope he gets back on his feet again soon. :sad:
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1828 times
Has gotten kudos: 1310 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Postby Corns » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03

He may have rode pretty crazy in the past, but he's an entrepreneur now. When you have groups of people coming for tours (often coming from overseas) you are responsible for them. He injured himself not by riding over the speed limit or by doing anything crazy, but by looking back and ensuring his group was ok. He was injured working to provide for his family and son. I enjoy his biking videos tremendously, feel that it represents the "real Taiwan," and obviously shows some of the spectacular roads and scenery that most tourists don't get to see. I also like his politically incorrect commentary on a wide variety of topics: that dude should be in radio if he can't get back into the riding! :twocents: I think he's got really strong communication skills in social media, and I hope he utilizes them further in the future to make good for himself/his family. I think he's demonstrated this with his fundraising too since his accident. He's got great outreach skills.
Chairman of Overseas Canadians United in Nominating Trump

You're actually a nihilistic sociopath wrapped up in a Canadian flag pretending to be some giant intellect tapping away from a southern French shed.---Broonale

These users gave kudos to the author Corns for the post:
TainanCowboy (Wed Nov 26, 2014 09:45)
Corns
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 212 times

Next

Return to Cars, Scooters, and Driving in Taiwan