Packing stuff

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Dragonbones

Forum rules
1) Please search before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one.

3) Please post separately for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator (right now, that's me, Dragonbones) asking for help. Happy posting!

Packing stuff

Postby Icon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51

Boxes, pallets with wheels, bubble wrap, the works?
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 574 times
Has gotten kudos: 853 times

Re: Packing stuff

Postby Dragonbones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15

Long, long ago there was a place specializing with this on the NW corner of a Jilong st. intersection, BaDe, I think. I wonder if it's still there. Costco is good for bulk tape, and hand carts.
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 524 times
Has gotten kudos: 1041 times

Postby Icon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 13:59

Yep, but Costco does not have teh carts -at least that is what they told my pal.

Boxes big enough for chairs and furniture are a bit hard to find.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Dragonbones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 14:51

What style cart? At Costco I got a small flat car with a vertical handle that can take heavy weights. You could try the former B&Q too.
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18

Dragonbones wrote:What style cart? At Costco I got a small flat car with a vertical handle that can take heavy weights. You could try the former B&Q too.

All done, no cigar.
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Taffy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 20:10

When I moved four years ago I got all my packing boxes and bubble wrap from a place in Xizhi. I remember it was on Zhangshu 2nd Road (樟樹二路) but I'm afraid I've forgotten the name of the place – it was just a small factory making the stuff, not a shop front.
Taffy
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 227 times
Has gotten kudos: 255 times

Postby Dragonbones » Thu Jan 18, 2018 08:42

Run a search for 搬家紙箱 and you'll get places like http://www.boxes.com.tw/item.html, http://www.chinshin.com.tw/ready-list.php?ctid=3, and so on. I guess they'll deliver to your door. I imagine moving companies, which are ubiquitous, also sell the boxes.
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 09:00

The boxes are a problem but not as much as a problem as the buckles and packing striops and the friggin carts. My pal is packing furniture to put in a container for a trip to Europe. Hence, the mafan.

Yes, he is packing himself. Dunno why. He says no time, no time.
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Return to Where can I find...?