Short-term childcare/babysitter in Taipei

Public, private, or homeschool? Where are the best preschools? How do I qualify for a nanny? Welcome to our friendly community of parents!

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Short-term childcare/babysitter in Taipei

Postby Koneill » Wed Jan 04, 2017 04:53

Hey everybody, I'm a documentary filmmaker who's coming to Taiwan for a 6-week research fellowship in January 2017.

My family will be accompanying me on the journey and, in preparation, my wife and I have spent the past month or so scouring the internet looking for childcare options in Taipei for our 2 1/2-year-old daughter.

I see that this is a topic that keeps coming up on boards, and that there don't seem to be any easy answers. That said, perhaps there's someone in the community here who has some insight into how we can find either:

a) a part-time babysitter/nanny who can offer 10-to-25-hours of support per week or;
b) a bilingual daycare that accepts children on a weekly basis.

Any help is appreciated, so thanks in advance for your insights.
Koneill
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Short-term childcare/babysitter in Taipei

Postby LuMeiji » Mon Feb 27, 2017 00:35

I'm afraid that I have no advice, but I would greatly appreciate if you could share any information you found on part-time sitters. My family is moving to Taipei in August 2017 for about 11 months. Our two boys (2 and 4) will likely be in preschool until about 3:30 in the afternoon, but we'll want part-time child care to help in the afternoons/evenings at least some days.
LuMeiji
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Return to Education & Childcare in Taiwan