5 months in Taipei with 2 year old - babysitter needed

Public, private, or homeschool? Where are the best preschools? How do I qualify for a nanny? Welcome to our friendly community of parents!

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Postby allthebuzzers » Wed Jul 13, 2016 21:45

Hi!

I am moving to Taipei with my husband and son for 4-5 months starting 10th of September. I've been doing some research, but would like to confront some childcare issues with you.

Our son will be 1 year and 10 months old at the time we come and we will need something for him for 6-7 hours a day. Here at home he is used to being with a nanny (7 hours a day), so ideally I would like to have a similar arrangement in Taipei. Could you tell me what does the babysitter business look like in Taiwan? Do many Taiwanese hire babysitters, or is it just an expat thing? What is the pay range (per hour, per month)? How to find one? Is it normal to hire someone for a relatively short period (i.e. 4 months) off the record, or is there some strict policy?

Alternatively, I read that kindergartens are normally open for children 2 years up - will they accept a child 1,5 months before his 2nd birthday? Is it even possible to find a place for such a short period? How much do they cost? I don't think this is a realistic option as we won't have much time for adjustment and actually visiting the places before deciding, but I would like to know as much as possible about all options out there.

Language is not really an issue (as he is still young enough to feel comfortable in a foreign-language environment) as long as we will be able to communicate in basic English or via some translator:)

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you!
allthebuzzers
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: 5 months in Taipei with 2 year old - babysitter needed

Postby Gobbolino » Wed Sep 07, 2016 17:10

HI! Sorry that I can't help....but I was wondering if you got any answers. I'm looking for a kindergarden for my 2 1/2 yr old. Thanks!!
Gobbolino
Learning the ropes

Has gotten kudos: 1 time

Re: 5 months in Taipei with 2 year old - babysitter needed

Postby Nirateo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 14:14

We are a local agency that caters to expat families. We have been working with expats staying in Singapore. Malaysia. Japan and Taiwan. U can add me on fb Lena andallon if you would like to know more. We have live in housekeeper as well. Very affordable pricing
Nirateo
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby Just Jennifer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 22:56

Hi, please include the name of your agency in Taiwan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1816 times
Has gotten kudos: 317 times

Return to Education & Childcare in Taiwan