Do men like funny women???

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: Do men like funny women???

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » Wed Jan 18, 2012 13:56

My sister is the funniest woman I've ever met. I once gave her lessons at a comedy club for her birthday but she never went to them. She has low self esteem-which also makes her funny! She works in Holly-La-La-wood so everyone is beautiful and not funny. Men like her but are also intimidated by her wit and sharp tongue. She won't write comedy because she's too lazy and lacks confidence.

I recently talked to an Ex and realized how absolutely unfunny and lacking in humor she was. So, men will fall for unfunny women. The funniest girl I've met is Taiwan was really just a high grade of "Goofy" but then she was using medication for psych problems.
Bubba 2 Guns
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 6 times
Has gotten kudos: 20 times

Postby maoman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 16:57

It always kills me when people pick up an absolutely gorgeous bf/gf and then go on about their sense of humour. There are tons of funny fat people out there. What they're really saying is "MY S.O. is a great piece of eyecandy, and I'm not bored around them.". This is much different from actually being funny.
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1813 times
Has gotten kudos: 1292 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Postby divea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 17:07

maoman wrote:It always kills me when people pick up an absolutely gorgeous bf/gf and then go on about their sense of humour. There are tons of funny fat people out there. What they're really saying is "MY S.O. is a great piece of eyecandy, and I'm not bored around them.". This is much different from actually being funny.

:lol: Yeah OT but in a similar vein, when someone snags a super rich SO and goes on and on about how humble that person is. As if you're with them for their humility.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby Bunks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 17:49

maoman wrote:It always kills me when people pick up an absolutely gorgeous bf/gf and then go on about their sense of humour. There are tons of funny fat people out there. What they're really saying is "MY S.O. is a great piece of eyecandy, and I'm not bored around them.". This is much different from actually being funny.

Fat people can't be absolutely gorgeous? :ponder: :ponder:
Bunks
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 186 times
Has gotten kudos: 312 times

Postby divea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 18:03

Bunks wrote:

:orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: :orz: good catch!
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby maoman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 18:53

Bunks wrote:

Not according to the shallow definitions of beauty foisted upon a gullible public by an unscrupulous media corrupted by industry.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Postby divea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 19:15

maoman wrote:
Bunks wrote:

Not according to the shallow definitions of beauty foisted upon a gullible public by an unscrupulous media corrupted by industry.

Ah c'mon Anth. Nice try, blame the media. You said it. The opposite of gorgeous is ugly NOT fat. It's fine if you don't fat people gorgeous, I mean even (most) fat people don't think they are gorgeous but you said this. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby maoman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 19:59

divea wrote:Nice try, blame the media. You said it. The opposite of gorgeous is ugly NOT fat. It's fine if you don't fat people gorgeous, I mean even (most) fat people don't think they are gorgeous but you said this. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I said it, but I don't really mean it. I mean, look at my avatar! This is a Lothario-hippo who "likes 'em hefty, he likes 'em chunky". :lol: :cool:
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Postby divea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 20:02

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Bunks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 20:08

Armchair psychologist Bunks, suggests a deep seated dissatisfaction with his own body image manifest in his current discourse on beauty. See the weight loss thread. :grin: :grin:

We loves ya fatty!
Bunks
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 186 times
Has gotten kudos: 312 times

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 01:46

I like funny women. I like being witty and sarcastic (though sarcasm needs to be managed carefully) and all that stuff, though I seem to only do it when I'm not trying O.o;

If men don't like women like me it's not a problem, because they don't need to be around women like me. If other women like to dumb themselves down to make men like them, I feel kinda sorry for them and want to give everyone a big hug :sad:
tsukinodeynatsu
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 5 times

Postby philostopher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 00:59

Definitely, women who like to laugh, or can make me laugh are awesome. I think it can be awkward, however, if she laughs randomly or seemingly laughs too much at things that aren't that funny, or tries too hard to laugh at something or make me laugh. That's not to say you gotta watch yourself and keep from going nuts with the chuckling, but it all goes back to being yourself and not faking it.
philostopher
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby divea » Tue Feb 07, 2012 01:29

Of course, I'm a white dude, and would probably rather date western girls anyway. :P

Har Har!!
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:01

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:If other women like to dumb themselves down to make men like them, I feel kinda sorry for them and want to give everyone a big hug :sad:

What? You mean you're NOT trying to dumb yourself down here? DAMN! You learn something new every day!
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Postby Kal El » Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:38

I just like women. :twocents:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

PreviousNext

Return to Dating & Relationships