To those of you who are sleeping with another human, what side of the bed do you sleep on?

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Standing at the foot of the bed facing the headboard, what side of the bed do you sleep on?

I'm male and I sleep on the left.
31%
I'm male and I sleep on the right.
58%
I'm female and I sleep on the left.
4%
I'm female and I sleep on the right.
8%

Total votes : 26

To those of you who are sleeping with another human, what side of the bed do you sleep on?

Postby maoman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:04

Just curious.
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman
Admin

Has given kudos: 1806 times
Has gotten kudos: 1285 times

Re: To those of you who sleeping with another human, what side of the bed do you sleep on?

Postby jimipresley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:10

I sleep on the left, because that's where the bedside lamp is and I need to read before I go to sleep. I would prefer to sleep on the right, though, because my right nostril is damaged and I can't breathe out of it.
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2432 times
Has gotten kudos: 1438 times

Re: To those of you who sleeping with another human, what side of the bed do you sleep on?

Postby shiadoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:13

Interesting to note that in my (very long) life, whilst considering this question, the side changes with Partners,curiously . My GF would have to answer, "left when going to bed" and diagonally when waking up" :idunno:

Quote of the week: "I've never been to bed with an ugly woman.. but I have woken up with a few" ( Substitute Man for Woman if you are Female)
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 153 times
Has gotten kudos: 246 times

Postby shiadoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:17

jimipresley wrote:I sleep on the left, because that's where the bedside lamp is and I need to read before I go to sleep. I would prefer to sleep on the right, though, because my right nostril is damaged and I can't breathe out of it.

I will get you an plug extension cable for next Xmas :wink:

These users gave kudos to the author shiadoa for the post:
jimipresley (Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:24)
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Icon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:20

:popcorn: :popcorn: tis gonna be gud.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 532 times
Has gotten kudos: 828 times

Postby sandman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:25

I have a three-inch-wide strip in the middle.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 300 times
Has gotten kudos: 794 times

Postby jimipresley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:26

shiadoa wrote:
jimipresley wrote:I sleep on the left, because that's where the bedside lamp is and I need to read before I go to sleep. I would prefer to sleep on the right, though, because my right nostril is damaged and I can't breathe out of it.

That's very sweet of you. :heart: May I get a bedside table, too?

And a Kindle?

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post:
shiadoa (Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:32)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Elegua » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:29

Whatever side is next to the window. I used to be near the bedside table because I need to read, but now I have an ipad and I can do without the light.

If I fart, I get the whole thing.
Vida de Otário

....and distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock.

These users gave kudos to the author Elegua for the post:
shiadoa (Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:31)
Elegua
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 82 times
Has gotten kudos: 266 times

Postby maoman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:43

jimipresley wrote:
shiadoa wrote:

That's very sweet of you. :heart: May I get a bedside table, too?

This is what you really want:
Spoiler:
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman
Admin

Has given kudos: 1806 times
Has gotten kudos: 1285 times

Postby LostInTaipei » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:50

As ordained by my wife, I sleep on whichever side is closest to the door (deriving from a vague sense of security whenever she's sleeping in a new place, and carried over to everyday life). I don't seem to care which side I'm on, as long as I've got a bedside table and a light, although electronic readers have made the light less important in recent years.

No matter what side I'm on, I wake up, and always have, curled up at the very edge. Not sure what's up with that, but at least I've only fallen off once that I can recall in my adult life.
(I'm known as lostinasia over at that other online place.)
LostInTaipei
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 47 times
Has gotten kudos: 155 times

Postby Jaboney » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:52

Outside. In the doghouse.
Wrong side. At least that's where I wake up. I'm not a morning person and the Pixie lets me know exactly what she thinks of multiple alarms every morning.

Actually, I don't think you can call it a 'side' so much as a strip. Sometimes it's a thin strip on the right, sometimes left. Seldom more than a third.
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy. - Spider Robinson
Jaboney
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 199 times
Has gotten kudos: 427 times

Postby shiadoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 22:56

LostInTaipei wrote:As ordained by my wife, I sleep on whichever side is closest to the door (deriving from a vague sense of security whenever she's sleeping in a new place, and carried over to everyday life). I don't seem to care which side I'm on, as long as I've got a bedside table and a light, although electronic readers have made the light less important in recent years.

No matter what side I'm on, I wake up, and always have, curled up at the very edge. Not sure what's up with that, but at least I've only fallen off once that I can recall in my adult life.

Clever Girl...of course she feels more secure if you are by the draught...sorry..door :lie:
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Kal El » Tue Jan 14, 2014 23:20

Not sure what you mean by the left. I chose the left, meaning, when you're lying on your back, the left side.

Edit: And I'm eerily similar to Jaboney with the multiple alarm clocks and always getting up on the wrong side.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1140 times
Has gotten kudos: 1092 times

Postby jimipresley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 23:34

When Kal El is visiting, I usually sleep on the floor with him. We tussle a bit about who's going to sleep in the right. It's all slumber-party fun until someone loses an eye. And when I prod him with a toe in the morning to fetch me a fresh beer, It's all whiny shit about "You don't respect me".

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post:
Just Jennifer (Wed Jan 15, 2014 00:54)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Kal El » Tue Jan 14, 2014 23:36

jimipresley wrote:When Kal El is visiting, I usually sleep on the floor with him. We tussle a bit about who's going to sleep in the right. It's all slumber-party fun until someone loses an eye. And when I prod him with a toe in the morning to fetch me a fresh beer, It's all whiny shit about "You don't respect me".

Don't even get me started on why I started locking that door to the guest bedroom!
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1140 times
Has gotten kudos: 1092 times

Next

Return to Dating & Relationships