Takeshi Kaneshiro: really hot guy, or the hottest guy?

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Takeshi Kaneshiro: really hot guy, or the hottest guy?

Postby channamasala » Wed Oct 16, 2013 22:50

Moderator's note: last post went off topic in the most delightful way, so now here's a thread for talking about the godlike hotness of Takeshi. Come on girls (and guys), you know it's true.

Speaking of Taiwanese men, the one in your avatar, Icon, is pretty easy on the eyes. Except the sideburns. Sideburns don't do it for me.

But still, If I were single, I'd tap that.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Re: 10 Things Western Women Should Know About Dating Taiwanese Guys

Postby HeadhonchoII » Thu Oct 17, 2013 08:34

That's cos he's mixed, see even the foreigners liked the mixed kids too :).
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby Icon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 09:20

channamasala wrote:Speaking of Taiwanese men, the one in your avatar, Icon, is pretty easy on the eyes. Except the sideburns. Sideburns don't do it for me.

But still, If I were single, I'd tap that.

Take a number, dear. The line is long, though. Most I can aspire to is to stalk the guy in Tianmu for an autograph.

Latest pic on Facebook:

A perfect example of Very Well Made in Taiwan... plus foreign cooperation :heart: :heybaby: :e106:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else

These users gave kudos to the author Icon for the post:
channamasala (Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:25)
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 532 times
Has gotten kudos: 828 times

Postby channamasala » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:42

You get kudos just for posting that picture. I'm not really into facial hair, but he can pull it off. It's Takeshi, right? Talk about a triumph of Japan-Taiwan relations!
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Icon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 13:01

Oh, yeah. I like his acting a lot, but his mustache best. He even rocks a beard. Sigh.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 13:20

Icon wrote:Oh, yeah. I like his acting a lot, but his mustache best. He even rocks a beard. Sigh.

Huh? Its bumfluff, Icon! ALL guys have it -- between the ages of 13 and 16 or so. :lol:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bum%20fluff

These users gave kudos to the author sandman for the post:
Kal El (Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:39)
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 300 times
Has gotten kudos: 794 times

Postby channamasala » Thu Oct 17, 2013 16:27

Icon wrote:
sandman wrote:
Icon wrote:Oh, yeah. I like his acting a lot, but his mustache best. He even rocks a beard. Sigh.

Huh? Its bumfluff, Icon! ALL guys have it -- between the ages of 13 and 16 or so. :lol:

Sandman:
Well, it looks like my Dad's. And we will not make statements about TK's facial hair until we have tactile evidence. :heybaby: Like Saint Thomas, I will believe after I touch... :grin:

Kal El: I agree that the viewpoints are varied and that the dating scene is mostly universal. But at least here they still have that goal to settle down, even if it is after having fun. The marriage institution still carries some respect.

If Takeshi would let me touch his face I would never need anything else from the universe, ever. It would be like touching the face of a god. And not one of the creepy ones, one of the hot ones.
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Re: Takeshi Kaneshiro: really hot guy, or the hottest guy?

Postby channamasala » Thu Oct 17, 2013 16:34

sandman wrote:

Icon wrote:Sandman:
Well, it looks like my Dad's. And we will not make statements about TK's facial hair until we have tactile evidence. :heybaby: Like Saint Thomas, I will believe after I touch... :grin:
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Lili » Thu Oct 17, 2013 16:50

Oh hes so fucking beautiful.

I watched Red Cliff three times just for him.

In my Chinese classes I must bring him up at least 3-4 times a week.

Oh my god *swoon*

I was walking through the airports and kept seeing him on the Eva posters and like... I mustve seemed like the crazy white person cause I kept gawking and squealing
Mrs. jimipresley: You're scaring the girl!
jimipresley: Lili, you give the Taiwanese culture shock.
bismarck (aka Kal El): I woke up in a strange house next to a naked woman I'd never seen in my life, far from my scooter and I'd lost my house keys. At least I still had my underpants on.
Lili
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 31 times
Has gotten kudos: 37 times

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:02

There's a dude in my office who is the spitting image of this guy. I should take a photo.

These users gave kudos to the author sandman for the post:
Icon (Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:53)
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Lili » Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:04

sandman wrote:There's a dude in my office who is the spitting image of this guy. I should take a photo.

Don't stop at the photo.
Send him my way!
Mrs. jimipresley: You're scaring the girl!
jimipresley: Lili, you give the Taiwanese culture shock.
bismarck (aka Kal El): I woke up in a strange house next to a naked woman I'd never seen in my life, far from my scooter and I'd lost my house keys. At least I still had my underpants on.
Lili
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 31 times
Has gotten kudos: 37 times

Postby channamasala » Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:09

My friend and I, when we see his picture in an add, will snap a shot and text it to the other just to add a little lift to our day.

I find him to be something of an exception: he's both hot and famous. I feel like in the USA, although we have our Geraldos and Honey BooBoo's moms whatnot, that when it comes to being famous (like movie star, pop star, model famous, not politician or businessperson famous), those spots in the public eye are generally taken up by gorgeous people. Our pop stars, models and actors are, typically, ridiculously good-looking. In other countries it's the same. World's biggest duh, right?

But in Taiwan, they're not. I mean, I see hot guys in Taiwan all the time. I saw one working a register at 7-11 (I think he caught me checking him out, with the late afternoon sun streaming in from the side - oops). I see 'em on the streets or hanging out around corporate offices at lunchtime. But turn on the TV, go to the movies or even look at most ads, and the men are just not that good-looking (I don't have an opinion on the women). I mean, Super Hottie McGee is working at 7-11, and this guy is the host of 康熙來了:

I'm not saying all famous people should be hot, or hot people shouldn't have to work at 7-11, just that this is a trend I've noticed in Taiwan and nowhere else, where truly hot guys are nobodies and "eh" guys get to be famous.

Another great exception is Wang Leehom. He used to look a bit twee for my taste, but now that he's older, I think he turned out fine. I like him in the HTC commercial. He's still no Takeshi, though.
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:09

Lili wrote:
sandman wrote:There's a dude in my office who is the spitting image of this guy. I should take a photo.

Don't stop at the photo.
Send him my way!

Pretty sure he's one of Dorothy's buddies, though.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Icon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 18:06

I leave my post for half an hour and I come back to this... :lol:

Sincerely, he's am amazing actor. I like the minimalist style, the ones that can convey a lot of emotion with just a gaze. The eyes tell the story. Wuxia is an example of this. Also the very initial ones, even the Taiwanese Army ones. I like him in Red Cliff, but currently my favorite is Perhaps Love. One thing: I really have to force myself to accept those non Hollywood endings. He's always in that kind of movies, like in Tempting Heart.

Wang Lee hom is also very talented. I was looking at the latest film -which is really silly- and if you read the fine print he directed and acted on it. That is no small feat, it was a rather big production. And worked with Jackie Chan. He also has classical music and Chinese music training. Hope he can make a crossover into the US market, though. Now that Taiwan has a foot in with Ang Lee, we need an actor -or actress, like Shu Qi, as publicity attraction to the Island. :grin:

What I mean to say is that they are pretty faces but have also talent and brains. That is a deadly combination for my brain cells. Doesn't help I am turning into a veritable groupie in my old age. At least I'd like to see if they look as well live as in pictures -probably better. :lol:

After seeing and touching in person the Supernatural guys, only TK and/or WLH remain in my bucket list.

ps.
I also have TK's ads pictures. :oops:
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby channamasala » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52

Icon wrote:I leave my post for half an hour and I come back to this... :lol:

Sincerely, he's am amazing actor. I like the minimalist style, the ones that can convey a lot of emotion with just a gaze. The eyes tell the story. Wuxia is an example of this. Also the very initial ones, even the Taiwanese Army ones. I like him in Red Cliff, but currently my favorite is Perhaps Love. One thing: I really have to force myself to accept those non Hollywood endings. He's always in that kind of movies, like in Tempting Heart.

Wang Lee hom is also very talented. I was looking at the latest film -which is really silly- and if you read the fine print he directed and acted on it. That is no small feat, it was a rather big production. And worked with Jackie Chan. He also has classical music and Chinese music training. Hope he can make a crossover into the US market, though. Now that Taiwan has a foot in with Ang Lee, we need an actor -or actress, like Shu Qi, as publicity attraction to the Island. :grin:

What I mean to say is that they are pretty faces but have also talent and brains. That is a deadly combination for my brain cells. Doesn't help I am turning into a veritable groupie in my old age. At least I'd like to see if they look as well live as in pictures -probably better. :lol:

After seeing and touching in person the Supernatural guys, only TK and/or WLH remain in my bucket list.

ps.
I also have TK's ads pictures. :oops:

Oh, the ads he did for Citizen watches? It's a wonder I didn't cream my pants on the MRT.
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Next

Return to Dating & Relationships