Takeshi Kaneshiro: really hot guy, or the hottest guy?

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: Takeshi Kaneshiro: really hot guy, or the hottest guy?

Postby channamasala » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:53

I agree Wang Leehom is talented - I don't like his pop music and his rap is...well, I'm from New York(ish). To me it just sounds kind of outdated. But he's clearly got a lot of musical talent and classical training, that much is evident in his music. I just wish he made more music that I liked. I have learned a few of his songs for KTV though.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Postby Icon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 14:25

channamasala wrote:I agree Wang Leehom is talented - I don't like his pop music and his rap is...well, I'm from New York(ish). To me it just sounds kind of outdated. But he's clearly got a lot of musical talent and classical training, that much is evident in his music. I just wish he made more music that I liked. I have learned a few of his songs for KTV though.

Well, he's caught in the pop image making machinery. You go a step further, because his songs, though he's got a couple not bad, but most are too pop saccharine sweet for me -but then most songs here are, too. I also find a bit annoying that he's on the paper for the most inane things, all the time, but that over-use to burn is too popular even with talented guys like Mayday -which I would like more if I did not see their faces everywhere. It is the "Janet effect" -and sorry Janet for taking your name in vain, but it gets a bit too much. It's Hello Kitty translated to humans. OK to sponsorships, but space them out. Look at TK, takes one, then you do not see it, her comes another: Biotherm-Citizen- EVA-Armani, with space to rest for us fans in between. Makes you want to see them, won't make you groan "no, not again".

Yep, the Citizen. And EVA. Biotherm in Vancouver. :grin: :oops: :lol:

So if anyone sees one of his ads, let us know. :grin:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 532 times
Has gotten kudos: 828 times

Postby divea » Fri Oct 18, 2013 20:35

sandman wrote:
Lili wrote:
sandman wrote:There's a dude in my office who is the spitting image of this guy. I should take a photo.

Don't stop at the photo.
Send him my way!

Pretty sure he's one of Dorothy's buddies, though.

:lol: I have this thing about young guys these days, not just Asian, everyone, they're just too meterosexual. For an objet de desire
(as a hetero woman) I'd like them to be less coiffed and have wider thighs than mine or atleast shoulders. :smile: Here in the US all the young guys are sporting the thin tight trouser look with a scarf and slip on shoes. They all look like clowns on the streets of Paaaheee. And the ones in suits are like this TK fellow, polished upto the eyeballs. Hard to find anyone in a decent tee with jeans and untamed curls. Hair gel sucks. :lol:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby Taffy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 22:28

divea wrote:they're just too meterosexual.

No shit, sister.

NBK, there's a real alpha.
Taffy
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 224 times
Has gotten kudos: 251 times

Postby Icon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 22:44

Mustache! Mustache!

Oh, now, Indian guys, even when dancing, they are very masculine. Lucky Divea.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby channamasala » Fri Oct 18, 2013 23:02

Icon wrote:Mustache! Mustache!

Two of my ex-boyfriends were Indian. Both pretty masculine, one Bengali, one Marathi. I also had a shag week with a Malayali guy once, but I don't think that counts as anything more than fun times. Unfortunately, both were a bit too masculine (one of them picked a fight with me because I dared to disagree with him in public - yeah, no, we were broken up within a week of that).

I'm not sure about the dancing though.

I'll take polished or unpolished - I am married to and am deeply in love with a man who buys his shirts at A-Mart and refuses to pay more than NT100 for a haircut (and looks kinda like a dweeby Taiwanese engineer as a result, despite not being Taiwanese) so clearly I can go both ways on that. I'm hardly Fancypants LaPerfect myself, I don't wear makeup (and don't have the skin to pull that off, but I don't care), I let my hair get frizzy, I wear pajamas to 7-11 (in my defense I'm usually still not the worst-dressed person there at any given time), I'm all 'jeans or a little black dress' if you take out the 'little black dress' part of the equation. But I don't like too sloppy. A little is fine. Dorky engineer = great. "I live in a van down by the river" = no. I'm OK with too-nerdy like gamer nerdy, but not Bible Teacher Jack Handey Borrows Sweaters From Dad nerdy.

I don't mind metrosexual, though, I just prefer they have a face I like (doesn't need to = handsome though) with thoughtful eyes (I've never successfully dated a man who didn't have nice eyes) and they be a little bigger - no need to be too tall or broad-shouldered, but I don't wanna dwarf you, and I'm not short or slender.

What I really don't like is "slick corporate douche", and I super don't like "frat bro".

It's pretty obvious why I gravitate towards introverted bookworms of any ethnicity, despite not being introverted myself.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."

These users gave kudos to the author channamasala for the post:
Just Jennifer (Tue Jul 15, 2014 03:01)
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby divea » Sat Oct 19, 2013 01:25

Taffy wrote:
divea wrote:they're just too meterosexual.

No shit, sister.

NBK, there's a real alpha.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :facepalm: Taffy!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

And EYE didn't say Alpha, I said organic. :neutral:

You know Icon, really?? I never cared for hair, never thought about it. It's only your posts over the years that have made me look at hair as a good thing, but a moustache??? NO no no no no. No way no No. :lol:
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby divea » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:18

channamasala wrote:
Icon wrote:Mustache! Mustache!

Two of my ex-boyfriends were Indian. Both pretty masculine, one Bengali, one Marathi. I also had a shag week with a Malayali guy once, but I don't think that counts as anything more than fun times.

Errrrrm loss of words ..............
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Toad » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:27

divea wrote:A moustache??? NO no no no no. No way no No. :lol:

Back in the 70s, my uncle looked exactly like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider, complete with badass bike and 'tache. As most of the family disapprovingly noted, he had no trouble at all with the ladies (at least, nothing a course of antibiotics couldn't deal with).

I guess tastes and fashions change.

These users gave kudos to the author Toad for the post:
Just Jennifer (Tue Jul 15, 2014 03:02)
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 882 times
Has gotten kudos: 667 times

Postby Icon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 13:21

Toad wrote:

Back in the 70s, my uncle looked exactly like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider, complete with badass bike and 'tache. As most of the family disapprovingly noted, he had no trouble at all with the ladies (at least, nothing a course of antibiotics couldn't deal with).

Ok, Ok, I'm old fashioned, all right! Or different culture. I am used to mustaches more than beards. Yeah, 70s style. But my Dad and brothers are lacking in that department, we Cantonese, you know. Japanese guys seem to have more hair, IMHO.

Oh, that reminds me, my Japanese coworker sports a salt n pepper beard, mmmmm... plus is one of the few well dressed guys in the office. Married to a local, but still good eye candy.
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby channamasala » Sat Oct 19, 2013 18:18

Icon wrote:
Toad wrote:

Ok, Ok, I'm old fashioned, all right! Or different culture. I am used to mustaches more than beards. Yeah, 70s style. But my Dad and brothers are lacking in that department, we Cantonese, you know. Japanese guys seem to have more hair, IMHO.

Oh, that reminds me, my Japanese coworker sports a salt n pepper beard, mmmmm... plus is one of the few well dressed guys in the office. Married to a local, but still good eye candy.

I still prefer none - you have to be super able to pull it off before I'll find facial hair attractive.

Thinking about TK some more, I think it's the soulful eyes what does it.
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Icon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09

And for the umpteenth time, some obscure source says the guy got married, now in Italy. Would be very happy, especially if the media vultures do not get a single picture, yeah! :lol:
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 17:39

There is an exhibition at Songshan Cultural Park regarding the 50th anniversary of the Golden Horse Awards. Even though he has not won any yet, there were several pieces of wardrobe -I think that is the name, not costumes, right?- used by TK:

Wuxia and The Warlords

Red Cliff

Aside from the dresses from various movies, they had scripts and planning sketches, such as this:
ImageTK at bottom left.
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 22:22

TK already in Taiwan for the John Wu movie. If anyone spots him, please let Icon know.
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44

So, for the people in Kaohsiung, EVA will be giving away posters from the promo of I SEE YOU with TK. Watch out for these trucks along the Lantern Festival venues:

Get one for Icon! Take a picture!
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Dating & Relationships