Taiwanease Community Guidelines

Let us know how you feel about Taiwanease and tell us how it could improve. You can also send email to admin (at) taiwanease.com or leave us a message at +886 935-560-995

Moderators: maoman, Moderators

Re: Taiwanease Code of Conduct

Postby elektronisk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 21:45

Look up. No, up above you.
All flesh is weak, some words are eternal.

Fight the horde, sing and cry, Valhalla, I am coming!

May all beings be released from suffering. May I become a Buddha for the benefit of all.
elektronisk
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 19 times

Postby Dragonbones » Wed Mar 28, 2012 22:18

I found this link because Maoman linked to it in a post, not because the link was visible somewhere logical or obvious. Or is this another case of failing to see something right in front of me? :)
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 506 times
Has gotten kudos: 1022 times

Postby elektronisk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 22:35

maoman wrote:I don't like the word "rules" so much - there's a finality and absoluteness in the word that doesn't work with a living, breathing forum environment, at least to my mind, so I'm going to go with the phrase "Taiwanease Code of Conduct", or TCC. I'm going to be putting it up in bits and pieces. Once everything is up, I'll open up the thread for comments. When I'm satisfied that the TCC is complete, I'll put it up on its own page.

I meant look really far up above. :lol:
All flesh is weak, some words are eternal.

Fight the horde, sing and cry, Valhalla, I am coming!

May all beings be released from suffering. May I become a Buddha for the benefit of all.
elektronisk
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 19 times

Postby jimipresley » Wed Mar 28, 2012 22:39

I don't feel it's fair banging on new users for not following "rules" when they're not clearly available for inspection. I mean, one can't expect new posters to go rifling through the "Feedback" forum in the hopes of finding some. If there are going to be rules, they need to be clearly click-able. :twocents:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post:
maoman (Thu Mar 29, 2012 00:56)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2459 times
Has gotten kudos: 1472 times

Postby maoman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 00:58

jimipresley wrote:I don't feel it's fair banging on new users for not following "rules" when they're not clearly available for inspection. I mean, one can't expect new posters to go rifling through the "Feedback" forum in the hopes of finding some. If there are going to be rules, they need to be clearly click-able. :twocents:

I agree, and it's been on the to-do list for the tech crew for a while. Let me bump it again, and thanks for the reminder. You're absolutely right. :thumbsup:
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1815 times
Has gotten kudos: 1292 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Previous

Return to Feedback & Announcements