British men are sexiest

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: British men are sexiest

Postby divea » Fri Oct 25, 2013 13:55

sandman wrote:I think you should have phrased that differently. His penis fabulous. Oh! Did I forget the spacebar?

:lol: You made me think of Wilde's penis and now I need a shot of penicillin.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby channamasala » Fri Oct 25, 2013 14:55

Icon wrote:Image

I always liked Spock. I used to think that was a sign of intelligence and dry wit, but now I wonder what it means that the guy I liked best on that show (which I watched a lot of as a kid) was by definition the most emotionally unavailable man in the universe.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Postby Icon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 15:45

Au contraire. Remember he controlled his emotions, he was not ruled by them. He did not suppress them, he controlled them, that is the Vulcan Way. Suppression is Kolinahr, and he rejected that. He had friendships, romances, etc... but kept both hands on the wheel... most of the time. We all like smart guys who keep their cool is tight spots, and talk calmly, without losing their patience, but analyze situations before jumping in.

Furthermore, one theory about why the character was so popular with women was that we love us a challenge... :grin:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 532 times
Has gotten kudos: 828 times

Postby Big Vern » Fri Oct 25, 2013 15:50

I suppose Scotty was pretty tough, for a Canadian.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 469 times
Has gotten kudos: 755 times

Postby Icon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 15:55

Big Vern wrote:I suppose Scotty was pretty tough, for a Canadian.

Read about his war exploits.

James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) was an artillery captain who led men into battle on D Day. He was shot six times, resulting in a lost finger.

James Doohan ("Scotty" from Star Trek) served with the Canadian army during WWII. On D-Day he killed two German snipers. He was hit by six rounds fired from a Bren gun: four in his leg, one in the chest, and one through his right middle finger. The bullet to his chest was stopped by a silver cigarette case. His right middle finger had to be amputated, something he would conceal during his career as an actor.

The Shatner is Canadian, too. :lovestruck:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 532 times
Has gotten kudos: 828 times

Postby Big Vern » Fri Oct 25, 2013 18:57

Icon wrote:
Big Vern wrote:I suppose Scotty was pretty tough, for a Canadian.

Read about his war exploits.

James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) was an artillery captain who led men into battle on D Day. He was shot six times, resulting in a lost finger.

James Doohan ("Scotty" from Star Trek) served with the Canadian army during WWII. On D-Day he killed two German snipers. He was hit by six rounds fired from a Bren gun: four in his leg, one in the chest, and one through his right middle finger. The bullet to his chest was stopped by a silver cigarette case. His right middle finger had to be amputated, something he would conceal during his career as an actor.

The Shatner is Canadian, too. :lovestruck:

I thought that was a British gun?
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 469 times
Has gotten kudos: 755 times

Previous

Return to Dating & Relationships