I Miss My Wife Poll

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

How independent should married/lifetime couples be?

Emotionally, financially, and socially independent. It's okay to blank on your partner's name during intercourse.
18%
Mostly independent. Good sex and showing each other off at parties are important, but marriage is really about having someone trustworthy to dump the kids on.
18%
Somewhat independent. If you can be in the same room when you poo, that's too close.
36%
Somewhat dependent. I mean, why wouldn't you know where one another's socks/panty liners are?
18%
Mostly dependent. Like a cowboy who wouldn't know what to do without his steers, essentially "cow dependent."
9%
Totally dependent. Couple takes pains to maintain a "sati-friendly" relationship.
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: I Miss My Wife Poll

Postby Budgerigar » Fri Sep 06, 2013 18:54

I find it interesting that Henny Youngman and Bob Hope were both British by birth. They must have kept up contact with "za old country," so I wonder who actually did the stealing. Not that it matters. Stand up comics steal from each other almost by definition--or that generation of them did in any case. It was part of their charm.

Dragonbones wrote:One could prefer different levels of (in)dependence on different dimensions such as emotional, financial, and social, so it's too complex an issue to answer on such a poll. :twocents:

Of course (like I said to TC, my polls are my own attempts at stand up comedy--don't take them too seriously). But you are right. Plus marriage is dynamic over time. The "different levels of (in)dependence" a couple prefers will (and should) vary over the years together. Nothing on earth stays the same, least of all as volatile a thing as intimate human relations.
"The iconoclasm need not be loud and messy."--John Williams

"As I live and breathe," he muttered, "I swear I'll never drop another drink. Drink another drop. Whichever."--Derek Robinson

"So much death and no coffee to be had."--Daniel Woodrell
Budgerigar
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 56 times

Postby Big Vern » Fri Sep 06, 2013 19:04

sandman wrote: Yanks were still basically large men in khaki uniforms who gave us candy, gum and nylon stockings. :lol:

What did you have to do to get all that?

These users gave kudos to the author Big Vern for the post:
Just Jennifer (Sat Sep 07, 2013 00:38)
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 485 times
Has gotten kudos: 778 times

Postby Toad » Fri Sep 06, 2013 19:27

I'm just wondering why sandman was asking butch men for nylon stockings.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 901 times
Has gotten kudos: 673 times

Postby sandman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 19:32

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote: Yanks were still basically large men in khaki uniforms who gave us candy, gum and nylon stockings. :lol:

What did you have to do to get all that?

A bit before my time (but only just!). But "over-paid, over-sexed and over-here..." I think you can hazard a guess. At least as far as the nylons go.
I still remember saying "got any gum, chum?" even though the GIs had long gone. It was a catchphrase that lasted until I was at primary school.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Previous

Return to Dating & Relationships