Flirtatious Chat Logs: Grounds for Divorce in Taiwan?

Moderators: Eiger John, EigerMarcus

Forum rules
Taiwanease is pleased to have the legal forums moderated by individuals from the upstanding legal firm Eiger Law. While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Taiwanease, the moderators and the Eiger Law firm cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Taiwanease provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and Eiger Law or any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby Northcoast Surfer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:27

HeadhonchoII wrote:Another idea would be to use this information to arrange to get evidence of marital infidelity but never disclose the source of this information to anybody, perhaps with co-operation of a private detective, if it comes to that.


Yes. You could take all the naughty pics and videos and have someone anonymously create a web page on a server outside of Taiwan and then they could email you a link or anyone else for that matter making your wife's infidelity in the public domain. Then you would have plausible deniability, but her sins would be painfully public. You didn't hack her phone or her Facebook account and you didn't take her pictures and videos and upload them for the entire world to see.

In fact, this was recently done to a Taiwanese woman a couple weeks ago. Someone posted her fuck pics and videos on a webpage in order to shame her for alleged transgressions. They even posted a picture of her Taiwanese passport to ensure everyone knew who she was and what she'd done. Talk about pissing off the wrong person! :doh:
I understand your concerns.........request DENIED!

I'm a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.
User avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12
Location: I have to look UP to see hell!
Has given kudos: 45 times
Has gotten kudos: 62 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby divea » Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:38

The law is pathetic. Sorry OP!! :sad: NS, great idea, but public shaming of the wife, is really not an option (especially) when a child is involved. Sad.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
User avatar
divea
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47
Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:58

HeadhonchoII wrote:Feel for you OP.

A couple of ideas here. One is that you could claim you accidentally saw the photos when answering the phone, about to make a call with the phone..well you get the idea. If the phone is unlocked then there was no intent to hack into it.

Another idea would be to use this information to arrange to get evidence of marital infidelity but never disclose the source of this information to anybody, perhaps with co-operation of a private detective, if it comes to that.

Or maybe he could just have an extremely uncomfortable conversation with his wife, the mother of his two kids. When someone's knee is jerking, it's odd to suggest he kick higher. :lol:

Sending titty shots is bad, but it's not the worst thing that could happen, OP. Get it sorted. There's a whole profession built around this kind of thing. :thumbsup:
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3271
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48
Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Grounds for Divorce in Taiwan?

Postby maoman » Thu May 30, 2013 13:44

I read this in the Taipei Times last week:
Facebook slip-up exposes affair
Forgetting to log out of her Facebook account has led a woman and the man with whom she was having an affair to receive three month prison sentences.

A man, surnamed Liao (廖),was married to 26-year-old woman Yang (楊), and had long suspected that his wife was cheating on him, but had no concrete evidence to prove his claims, the court ruling said. In December 2011, Liao turned on the computer he shared with his wife to sign into Facebook, but unwittingly logged into Yang’s account after she had forgotten to log out of the Web site.

After looking at his wife’s account, Liao’s suspicions were confirmed. Liao said he found multiple messages between Yang and a 33-year-old man, surnamed Hsiao (蕭), adding that after he confronted his wife with the information she had admitted to having an extramarital affair.
During the course of the trial, Liao presented online conversations between Yang and Hsiao dated Jan. 9 last year, in which Yang said: “I feel immense guilt at having to sacrifice a home with [my] daughter for my happiness.”

“So admit that you’re having an extramarital affair, or give him money so he can’t sue [us] on charges of adultery,” Hsiao replied.
Yang responded, saying “Liao would not take the money, but would file suit.”
Hsiao then told Yang that she “should just deny the entire matter.”
The online conversations also showed Yang saying that: “I would not be eligible for my child’s guardianship because I am the one having the extramarital affair.”

As evidence for the trial, Liao also presented an online conversation in which Yang told Hsiao that she suspected Liao knew the two had been together on New Year’s Eve in 2011.

Yang also said that she suspected Liao would hire a private investigator. In the same conversation, she and Hsiao made contingency plans in case Liao found out about the affair. Hsiao said that Yang should admit she liked him, but deny that they ever had any sexual contact, adding that Liao would have to provide proof to sue them for adultery. As long as Liao had no proof that they had slept together, it would be difficult to obtain a conviction since photographs of them kissing or hugging would not be sufficient, Hsiao said. If Liao read any of Yang’s text messages, Hsiao told her to dismiss any messages concerning sex as jokes, adding that both of them should deny the matter entirely if they were ever found out.
During the trial, both Yang and Hsiao denied the charges of adultery and both filed charges against Liao for Offenses Of Impairment to Use of Computers (妨害電腦使用罪).

However, prosecutors said that since Yang had not logged out of her Facebook page and had also requested that the Web site remember her account and password, Liao was innocent of violating the act and would not be charged.

Meanwhile, the court said that although Hsiao and Yang were not caught red-handed, the evidence gathered from their Facebook conversations was enough to prove that their affair was real.

To the OP: So as long as you claim that your spouse hadn't logged out of her account, you're in the clear in terms of privacy concerns with her computer. :thumbsup:
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
User avatar
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41
Location: Lotus Hill
Has given kudos: 1813 times
Has gotten kudos: 1292 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Grounds for Divorce in Taiwan?

Postby engerim » Thu May 30, 2013 14:39

maoman wrote:To the OP: So as long as you claim that your spouse hadn't logged out of her account, you're in the clear in terms of privacy concerns with her computer. :thumbsup:

Should be backed by a lawyer, with the police, etc. to prove that he could log in. Pretty hard to do. Not every judge will rule the same way?
Some things that come into my mind for this case:
- Remember Taiwan didn't sign the Hague convention against Child Abduction
- Check what kind of visa you are on
- What is best for the kids!

I hope you can separate from her in peace, hopefully without lawyers and silly child custody rulings.
User avatar
engerim
Tech
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:33
Has given kudos: 223 times
Has gotten kudos: 216 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Grounds for Divorce in Taiwan?

Postby HeadhonchoII » Thu May 30, 2013 23:28

It's nasty, still the OP should get all his cards stacked up in case he needs to use them.

What a dumb [email protected]&k law eh?
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 16:45
Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby Kal El » Fri May 31, 2013 02:25

Northcoast Surfer wrote:
HeadhonchoII wrote:Another idea would be to use this information to arrange to get evidence of marital infidelity but never disclose the source of this information to anybody, perhaps with co-operation of a private detective, if it comes to that.


Yes. You could take all the naughty pics and videos and have someone anonymously create a web page on a server outside of Taiwan and then they could email you a link or anyone else for that matter making your wife's infidelity in the public domain. Then you would have plausible deniability, but her sins would be painfully public. You didn't hack her phone or her Facebook account and you didn't take her pictures and videos and upload them for the entire world to see.

In fact, this was recently done to a Taiwanese woman a couple weeks ago. Someone posted her fuck pics and videos on a webpage in order to shame her for alleged transgressions. They even posted a picture of her Taiwanese passport to ensure everyone knew who she was and what she'd done. Talk about pissing off the wrong person! :doh:

You know this means nothing without a link, right? :heybaby:

Some things I thought of when reading through the thread:
1. Do you still love her? If not, why not? Is it because of her changed behaviour? Why has it changed? What's different/ You guys have kids, a family. Maybe you just need to rekindle the romance. I mean, you seem to have been together a very long time. Usually sexual activity is a good indicator of where the relationship is, or where it's heading. A barometer of sorts.
I mention this point first, because maybe all's not lost and what you two really need is to rekindle (especially the rekindle part) some of that old fire and just get busy. :idunno:
2. Is she actually boning someone else, or just sharing "nasty" pictures and talking dirty? Sure, the latter can or will eventually lead to the former, but the reason why people engage in sexting and sharing pics is because they are unsatisfied or lonely on several levels. The online partner gives them affirmation of their sexiness and that they are wanted and needed, in short, it strokes their ego. Their need for being wanted.
Also, if nothing is done about this, eventually the right sweet talker is going to come along and text her into the sack. Either you can change it all around, or you can play the waiting game. Catch her with her panties down, so to speak, and threaten legal action (once you have proof of infidelity) or an uncontested divorce with sole custody to you.
3. Legal advice is definitely the way to go, but I'd stick with the "her Facebook was logged in on a shared computer and I only realized it was her FB after I had seen abc and xyz" defense.
4. If there really is no way back, time to get hard. Time to get into the "I'm going to fuck her up so badly even her dead great grandparents will cry in the afterlife" frame of mind. Make a Machiavellian plan and stick to it. In a phrase, "think Taiwanese". :twocents:

All I can say is, there is a way to win. And win everything. I went through it. I did it. And I won. But you need to get a little dirty, and it will take time and patience.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
User avatar
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:17
Location: 台南, 台灣
Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Grounds for Divorce in Taiwan?

Postby Kal El » Fri May 31, 2013 02:32

engerim wrote:I hope you can separate from her in peace, hopefully without lawyers and silly child custody rulings.

Possible, but he needs leverage. :twocents:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
User avatar
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:17
Location: 台南, 台灣
Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby Northcoast Surfer » Fri May 31, 2013 16:11

Kal El wrote:
Northcoast Surfer wrote:In fact, this was recently done to a Taiwanese woman a couple weeks ago. Someone posted her fuck pics and videos on a webpage in order to shame her for alleged transgressions. They even posted a picture of her Taiwanese passport to ensure everyone knew who she was and what she'd done. Talk about pissing off the wrong person! :doh:

You know this means nothing without a link, right? :heybaby:


I can't post the link here on Taiwanease because a regular poster here knows her personally and when the links first appeared, he whinged about it and everything got torched. If I posted the links, I'd probably get banned on this site and of course I would never want anything like that to happen! :doh:

Also, the original website which hosted the links has now been taken down........but........not before I made copies of everything. :lol:

PM me with your regular email address if you want the files. :bow:
I understand your concerns.........request DENIED!

I'm a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.
User avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12
Location: I have to look UP to see hell!
Has given kudos: 45 times
Has gotten kudos: 62 times

Re: Flirtatious Chat Logs: Are they grounds for divorce in T

Postby sandman » Fri May 31, 2013 16:18

Northcoast Surfer wrote:
Kal El wrote:
Northcoast Surfer wrote:In fact, this was recently done to a Taiwanese woman a couple weeks ago. Someone posted her fuck pics and videos on a webpage in order to shame her for alleged transgressions. They even posted a picture of her Taiwanese passport to ensure everyone knew who she was and what she'd done. Talk about pissing off the wrong person! :doh:

You know this means nothing without a link, right? :heybaby:


I can't post the link here on Taiwanease because a regular poster here knows her personally and when the links first appeared, he whinged about it and everything got torched. If I posted the links, I'd probably get banned on this site and of course I would never want anything like that to happen! :doh:

Also, the original website which hosted the links has now been taken down........but........not before I made copies of everything. :lol:

PM me with your regular email address if you want the files. :bow:

That is definitely the creepiest thing I've read today. :eek:
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3864
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 13:44
Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Previous

Return to Divorce in Taiwan