Relationshit - turned to be my Relationsad journey

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Relationshit - turned to be my Relationsad journey

Postby Jos » Tue May 24, 2016 14:31

Been thinking to update the first thread that I made before but how about making new title thread.

After the break up somewhere in September 2015: His been calling me under unknown number after 3 months of silence and I know it was him.
One day he did call and asking how I was doing lately and I say I'm doing fine.

Then we reunited again.

Those months I can see that he has some health problems and was quite worried about him.
He didn't tell me anything but I suspect there is something serious about his health.

January 2016, he went to his plan this is related that he was retiring to my country.
He didn't say goodbye or make short phone call that he arrives or whatever, while me here in Taiwan was quite worried thinking about his situation down there.

I send couple emails asking him to say something and at least let me know his current situation.
Email came and says that he was fine but he has something important to tell me and he want to speak with me on the phone :eek:

Well I was prepared that he might say .. hey i'm seeing someone here in Philippines or hey i'm not interested at you whatever.

Time came and we did talk and he explained the reason why he didn't have minute to say Adios muchacha..(just making this word)
Then serious tone came out from him and I was really shock and sad to hear it from across the telephone wire.

Babe..I had lung cancer and now i'm at the hospital for treatment.

I don't know what to say or how to response to him.

All I could say was you are not even smoking and drinking how come?

Babe, I don't have time to explain this as I'm now under medical treatment and my mind and body are in wrecked.

Will talk sometime again alright?

Now, it's been 4 months and our communication are still open.
From time to time been sending him some funny things that I can dig up from website just to make him smile and forget the pain for minute.

I wanted to come and visit him as often as possible but I can't he knows my situation being single mom and working hard to the bones.

I wanted to see him and hug him.

Every time I miss him, I deny that feelings.

Finally, I 'm going to see him this month of July and I told him that I will kidnap him whether he likes it or not at the hospital and he laughs.

I will introduce him to my parents and hopefully he will like my parent place near the beach so that he could have some fresh air.

So far that was all I could write it here.

These users gave kudos to the author Jos for the post:
Just Jennifer (Tue May 24, 2016 18:36)
Jos
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 2 times
Has gotten kudos: 36 times

Re: Relationshit - turned to be my Relationsad journey

Postby sandman » Tue May 24, 2016 15:46

Aw, Jeez! :sad:
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 300 times
Has gotten kudos: 794 times

Postby Just Jennifer » Tue May 24, 2016 18:37

So sorry to read this Jos, but happy for you both that you will spend some time together. Please keep us posted. Any chance you will go to happy hour sat? Would like to meet you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.facebook.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url] ~ [url]http://www.kmjoy.com[/url]
Classrooms in Taipei City and Tianmu
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1728 times
Has gotten kudos: 307 times

Postby Jos » Wed May 25, 2016 07:22

@jen - thanks for reading and yes will update my story from time to time.

I'm busy mom working at the office Mon-Friday then Saturday I also work part time as you may know the tradition of being the elder daughter - one must help the old parents back home. So I'm working to the bones to support my old parents.

My only day off was Sunday to clean up my apartment and yes do my own beauty rest.

These users gave kudos to the author Jos for the post:
Just Jennifer (Wed May 25, 2016 14:26)
Jos
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Jos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 07:23

His companion - 2 golden retriever

From the past: I always wonder why he need to get back home asap.
Then his favorite 1 passed away which he misses (Rudy) a lot.
He let me come to visit him at home and I have seen his companion which is really beautiful she always follow him whenever he goes.
Lucy, His companion walks around while human are sleeping except me can't sleep in new place, can't sleep with new human being beside me.

Lucy was quite big and too many hair (thinking I swallowed/sniffed some hair dog - I gotta clean up his room too many hair).
Lucy was Very very friendly, she want me to hold/cuddle her and seat beside me.
Every time I visit, Lucy will greet me and then she is off following him.
He goes to shower and Lucy was waiting outside the bathroom.
I even told Him she was your nanny Lucy.

Me and Nanny Lucy had some wonderful moment like hugging her (she was bathed) so I have chance to hug her and she smelled good.

Few days ago, I was asking how was Nanny Lucy?
He said she was not doing fine and hit the bottom and he was waiting for the time.
He took her to several vet doctor and no good advise just take her life, but he cant take her life instead he ask some pain killers.
Nanny Lucy died yesterday and he made wooden coffin for her and last night he made a wake for Nanny Lucy and this morning he will take her for cremation.

The only remaining companion was gone, I don't know what to say and I feel sad although I'm not that so in love with dogs but meeting Nanny Lucy change it.
I had her picture on my phone instead of my dear one.

These users gave kudos to the author Jos for the post (total 2):
Just Jennifer (Sun Jun 05, 2016 22:58) • TainanCowboy (Sat Jun 04, 2016 13:54)
Jos
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby between3and30characterslong » Thu Jun 23, 2016 05:57

Jos, I came across this topic as our paths crossed elsewhere and I wondered who you were.

Firstly, let me say how sad I am to hear someone you love has cancer. It's an awful disease, affecting not only the patient but also those who love and care for them.

I'm sure his doctors will keep you advised on his likely prognosis. If they seem to lack compassion, please don't think badly of them. Oncology is a difficult field in which to work; the stress and pain affects everyone. You don't get used to it.

If I may I'd like to offer you some thoughts.

The sick and the dying rarely want to be sheltered from the reality of their situation, yet it's what we normally try to do, thinking it's for the best. It's not. They want someone to share their pain, their fears, their sense of losing what they always thought they had - time. They need someone to talk to, someone to listen, to react, to look them in the eye and tell them 'You matter. You always have and you always will'.

To share his fears will be incredibly difficult, but I think you should try. Talk openly with him. Ask him direct questions, offer him direct answers. Don't be afraid to discuss the possibility of his death if he raises the subject. But also be prepared to find the joy in whatever time you have together. The memory of the moments you share will carry you in the years to come.

You have a unique opportunity, yet it's one that no-one would seek. You can be there for someone - and I mean really be there for them - at what's undoubtedly the loneliest, most scary, period in their life. At its core, love is about standing by someone, holding their hand, knowing you're doing what no-one else could or would do for them.

I hope, no, I pray, that your friend is on the right side of the survival rate for lung cancer. If he is, he'll have some interesting tales to tell. And if he isn't... well... none of us are going to live forever. Your time will come too, as will mine.

We should all try to live with passion and to die with grace.

I wish you both love and luck.

These users gave kudos to the author between3and30characterslong for the post (total 2):
maoman (Thu Jun 23, 2016 20:44) • Just Jennifer (Thu Jun 23, 2016 15:39)
between3and30characterslong
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 9 times

Postby Jos » Thu Jul 07, 2016 22:41

@ Sir between3and30characterslong,

Sorry been quite a while to reply back was busy at work and just finish moving to new place and old building, new people.

You are the only one who share something and very meaningful thoughts and I really appreciate it.
After few weeks that I learned that he had this big "C" did asked him about all of this thing (death, his body and so on) he was scared and he doesn't want to die.
His not even under chemo (which he doesn't want to have it), he was in other meds which I really don't understand and according to him there is no improvement did try to convince him to try chemo but he doesn't want.

Now he doesn't want to talk about his condition, death, sadness and all those things.
So I talk other things like my miserable life as slave (a slave who can play candy crush, a slave who can take few second's nap) just to make him laugh.
I remember he want "custard powder" so I did post it in WCIF thread and found it and next week will fly to Manila and bring this to him and other things he need.

*Many thanks to fellow taiwanease helping me finding custard powder.
other thing that I need to find (no I don't want to mention it here :grin: not sure if I would be able to find that thing) his funny he always want me to find something difficult to find.

Anyway, I will take him to my parents province near the beach I want him to have some fresh air and yes just to have some time with him.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts.
Jos
Taiwanease Gentry

Return to Dating & Relationships