Indonesian women in Taiwan?

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Indonesian women in Taiwan?

Postby Holy_Light » Sun Apr 28, 2013 06:44

I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not... If it's not please move it :)

I know there's a pretty big population of people from the Philippines living in Taiwan. I'm however interested in Indonesians as well as Taiwanese women. So does anyone know if there's a big population of Indonesians in Taiwan? Or am I out of luck in that regard?
Holy_Light
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 10 times
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Indonesian women in Taiwan?

Postby White Warrior » Mon Apr 29, 2013 16:50

Holy_Light wrote:I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not... If it's not please move it :)

I know there's a pretty big population of people from the Philippines living in Taiwan. I'm however interested in Indonesians as well as Taiwanese women. So does anyone know if there's a big population of Indonesians in Taiwan? Or am I out of luck in that regard?

There are a lot of Indonesians in Taiwan. I know quite a few that live up in my area as I also speak Malay.
White Warrior
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 5 times
Has gotten kudos: 7 times

Postby Holy_Light » Tue Apr 30, 2013 02:24

White Warrior wrote:
Holy_Light wrote:I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not... If it's not please move it :)

There are a lot of Indonesians in Taiwan. I know quite a few that live up in my area as I also speak Malay.

Thanks! I guess that will now give me the motivation to go to Taiwan lol
Holy_Light
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Toad » Tue Apr 30, 2013 09:44

Is there something we should know about Indonesian women, OP? Or are you keeping the secret all to yourself?

And wouldn't it be better to head for Indonesia? There are probably more Indonesians than westerners here, but still not a lot. And 90% of them are employed by racist old gits who keep them chained to the radiator at their beck and call - they're barely allowed out of the house, at least not for personal reasons. There's a government-mandated day off (usually Sundays) but creative employers find a workaround.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 901 times
Has gotten kudos: 673 times

Postby Beaker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06

You can go to the port areas around Taiwan and find a pretty heavy population. On the fishing boats, over half the labor seems to be Indonesian... many times more than half. Hell on my old boat, the only Taiwanese was the Captain.
-Beak
You have no idea where I've been... unless you're stalking me... in which case, can you tell me where I was last week?
Beaker
Tech

Has given kudos: 60 times
Has gotten kudos: 97 times

Postby Bubbha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31

Beaker wrote:You can go to the port areas around Taiwan and find a pretty heavy population. On the fishing boats, over half the labor seems to be Indonesian... many times more than half. Hell on my old boat, the only Taiwanese was the Captain.

The Indonesian fishermen are all dudes. I think he's looking for women!

There are lots of Indonesian women in Taiwan. They're mostly employed as domestic help. That young Southeast Asian lady wheeling around A-ma in her wheelchair is as likely to be Indonesian as Filipina these days.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 269 times

Postby Beaker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41

Bubbha wrote:
Beaker wrote:You can go to the port areas around Taiwan and find a pretty heavy population. On the fishing boats, over half the labor seems to be Indonesian... many times more than half. Hell on my old boat, the only Taiwanese was the Captain.

The Indonesian fishermen are all dudes. I think he's looking for women!

There are lots of Indonesian women in Taiwan. They're mostly employed as domestic help. That young Southeast Asian lady wheeling around A-ma in her wheelchair is as likely to be Indonesian as Filipina these days.

Ah well, I should clarify that there is a heavy population of both genders around the ports. But, it is true, that the men are the fishermen.
-Beak
You have no idea where I've been... unless you're stalking me... in which case, can you tell me where I was last week?
Beaker
Tech

Postby maoman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54

Isn't there a street around Taipei Main Station called "Little Jakarta"?
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1813 times
Has gotten kudos: 1292 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Postby Tempo Gain » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23

Just saw a couple at the park, I know because one was smoking a clove cig :)
Tempo Gain
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 120 times
Has gotten kudos: 161 times

Postby MilkTeaJack » Tue Apr 30, 2013 13:24

What's wrong with Jews? Why do you got to be so racist?

/Not Jewish
//Not Indonesian
///last I checked, not a woman
////have no place in this thread...yay! :twocents:
The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver.-Henry Rollins
MilkTeaJack
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 97 times
Has gotten kudos: 79 times

Postby Kal El » Wed May 01, 2013 01:51

MilkTeaJack wrote:What's wrong with Jews? Why do you got to be so racist?

/Not Jewish
//Not Indonesian
///last I checked, not a woman
////have no place in this thread...yay! :twocents:

I thought there'd be pictures. :idunno:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1156 times
Has gotten kudos: 1099 times

Postby Bubbha » Wed May 01, 2013 01:56

maoman wrote:Isn't there a street around Taipei Main Station called "Little Jakarta"?

Didn't know that's what it was called, but I'm familiar with it. It's the back-alleys near the Cosmos Hotel, which are clock-a-block with Indonesian businesses.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 269 times

Postby Holy_Light » Wed May 01, 2013 11:03

Toad wrote:Is there something we should know about Indonesian women, OP? Or are you keeping the secret all to yourself?

And wouldn't it be better to head for Indonesia? There are probably more Indonesians than westerners here, but still not a lot. And 90% of them are employed by racist old gits who keep them chained to the radiator at their beck and call - they're barely allowed out of the house, at least not for personal reasons. There's a government-mandated day off (usually Sundays) but creative employers find a workaround.

Nothing special really. I just have a thing for eyes. Taiwanese women, and Indonesians usually have the right eyes :x So just thought I'd see if I could kill two birds with one stone by going to Taiwan :) There's that pesky bachelors degree requirement to teach in Indonesia. So I was planning on going to Taiwan and teach while working on my Bachelors :)
Holy_Light
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Beaker » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16

Holy_Light wrote:
Nothing special really. I just have a thing for eyes. Taiwanese women, and Indonesians usually have the right eyes :x So just thought I'd see if I could kill two birds with one stone by going to Taiwan :) There's that pesky bachelors degree requirement to teach in Indonesia. So I was planning on going to Taiwan and teach while working on my Bachelors :)

Taiwan, in general, has the same requirement.
-Beak
Beaker
Tech

Postby Kal El » Wed May 01, 2013 12:48

Beaker wrote:
Holy_Light wrote:

Taiwan, in general, has the same requirement.

And you'll get down over right good if caught, which is largely a matter of time.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1156 times
Has gotten kudos: 1099 times

Next

Return to Dating & Relationships