Date Rape Or Something Else

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Was it rape?

Yes
2
29%
No
3
43%
Something Else
2
29%
 
Total votes : 7

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby Bubbha » Thu Jul 17, 2014 05:06

A blind-drunk man would not be able to get it up. Ergo, Alex would have to be a guy; Jean, the victim of the alleged rape, could be a man or a woman. Plus, in the English-speaking world, Jean is overwhelmingly a woman's name and Alex is far more a masculine name than a feminine one.

To hide the genders, it's better to choose truly ambiguous names like Pat!
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 08:48
Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 269 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby MilkTeaJack » Thu Jul 17, 2014 06:47

Bubbha wrote:A blind-drunk man would not be able to get it up. Ergo, Alex would have to be a guy; Jean, the victim of the alleged rape, could be a man or a woman. Plus, in the English-speaking world, Jean is overwhelmingly a woman's name and Alex is far more a masculine name than a feminine one.

To hide the genders, it's better to choose truly ambiguous names like Pat!


Or MilkTeaJack! I mean, I could be a guy. I could be a girl. I could be...neither! It boggles the mind how anonymous the internet makes us.

And just what is a maoman, anyway? Could maoman possibly be a woman? Completely ignoring the many photos of him on the 'tease, the many hours I have spent in the person's presence and that little detail of 'man' being in the actual proper noun itself. But I am American, dagnabbit, and I am skeptical of all information except for the things I know! Which is God, the American flag and turkey is a bird that tastes of freedom and pumpkin pie.

Good morning! This post is brought to you by 6:45AM and no caffeine.
The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver.-Henry Rollins
User avatar
MilkTeaJack
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 16:34
Has given kudos: 97 times
Has gotten kudos: 79 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby irishstu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 09:21

MilkTeaJack wrote:
Bubbha wrote:and that little detail of 'man' being in the actual proper noun itself.



Ah yes, but "man" is also part of the word "woman".

Which is closer?
1. man/maoman
2. woman/maoman

I rest my case.
My guitar projects: http://diystrat.blogspot.com

These users gave kudos to the author irishstu for the post:
maoman (Thu Jul 17, 2014 09:37)
irishstu
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 16:47
Has given kudos: 188 times
Has gotten kudos: 161 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby Kal El » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08

Bubbha wrote:A blind-drunk man would not be able to get it up. Ergo, Alex would have to be a guy; Jean, the victim of the alleged rape, could be a man or a woman. Plus, in the English-speaking world, Jean is overwhelmingly a woman's name and Alex is far more a masculine name than a feminine one.

To hide the genders, it's better to choose truly ambiguous names like Pat!

I disagree. I have personally been blind drunk (blacked out with hours of memory missing), but have woken up next to my girlfriend with obvious evidence of penetrative sex, also then confirmed by aforementioned gf. :idunno:
Perhaps this effect is more noticeable in older males, say 35+.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
User avatar
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:17
Location: 台南, 台灣
Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby divea » Thu Jul 17, 2014 13:03

Kal El wrote:
Bubbha wrote:A blind-drunk man would not be able to get it up. Ergo, Alex would have to be a guy; Jean, the victim of the alleged rape, could be a man or a woman. Plus, in the English-speaking world, Jean is overwhelmingly a woman's name and Alex is far more a masculine name than a feminine one.

To hide the genders, it's better to choose truly ambiguous names like Pat!

I disagree. I have personally been blind drunk (blacked out with hours of memory missing), but have woken up next to my girlfriend with obvious evidence of penetrative sex, also then confirmed by aforementioned gf. :idunno:
Perhaps this effect is more noticeable in older males, say 35+.

TMI. :runaway:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
User avatar
divea
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47
Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby maoman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 13:23

Oh come on, if it were irishstu, you'd be all over that. ;-)
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
User avatar
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41
Location: Lotus Hill
Has given kudos: 1813 times
Has gotten kudos: 1292 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby divea » Thu Jul 17, 2014 13:36

maoman wrote:Oh come on, if it were irishstu, you'd be all over that. ;-)


Nopes. I don't wanna know about his inebriated sex life. That's TMI and salt on wounds. :grin:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
User avatar
divea
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47
Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby Kal El » Thu Jul 17, 2014 14:09

divea wrote:
maoman wrote:Oh come on, if it were irishstu, you'd be all over that. ;-)


Nopes. I don't wanna know about his inebriated sex life. That's TMI and salt on wounds. :grin:

Want assumes ongoing. I don't have an inebriated sex life, nor any kind of inebriated life. In fact, I had a few beers during the world cup final, not a single drink since, and the last time before that was in May visiting Jimipresley. That said, a comment was made that inebriated males can not have or maintain an erection, I merely showed that not to be true. Had I made an anecdotal comment, as users here go, I would have been told heresay is no proof. Also, this is a thread about date rape, which includes sex. If that's too risque a topic, I would suggest other topics to read or post in, that way you need not expose yourself to any kind of sexual content. But, to each his own. :idunno:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
User avatar
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:17
Location: 台南, 台灣
Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby sandman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 15:16

a comment was made that inebriated males can not have or maintain an erection, I merely showed that not to be true

EWWW! Thank god the mods must have removed those photos! :eek:
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3864
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 13:44
Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby divea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 03:08

Kal El wrote:
divea wrote:
maoman wrote:Oh come on, if it were irishstu, you'd be all over that. ;-)


Nopes. I don't wanna know about his inebriated sex life. That's TMI and salt on wounds. :grin:

Want assumes ongoing. I don't have an inebriated sex life, nor any kind of inebriated life. In fact, I had a few beers during the world cup final, not a single drink since, and the last time before that was in May visiting Jimipresley. That said, a comment was made that inebriated males can not have or maintain an erection, I merely showed that not to be true. Had I made an anecdotal comment, as users here go, I would have been told heresay is no proof. Also, this is a thread about date rape, which includes sex. If that's too risque a topic, I would suggest other topics to read or post in, that way you need not expose yourself to any kind of sexual content. But, to each his own. :idunno:

I am talking about Stu not you! And FYI you owe us no explanation on how many beers you had! No one cares or judges.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
User avatar
divea
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47
Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby Kal El » Fri Jul 18, 2014 09:57

divea wrote:
Spoiler:
Kal El wrote:
divea wrote:
maoman wrote:Oh come on, if it were irishstu, you'd be all over that. ;-)


Nopes. I don't wanna know about his inebriated sex life. That's TMI and salt on wounds. :grin:

Want assumes ongoing. I don't have an inebriated sex life, nor any kind of inebriated life. In fact, I had a few beers during the world cup final, not a single drink since, and the last time before that was in May visiting Jimipresley. That said, a comment was made that inebriated males can not have or maintain an erection, I merely showed that not to be true. Had I made an anecdotal comment, as users here go, I would have been told heresay is no proof. Also, this is a thread about date rape, which includes sex. If that's too risque a topic, I would suggest other topics to read or post in, that way you need not expose yourself to any kind of sexual content. But, to each his own. :idunno:

I am talking about Stu not you! And FYI you owe us no explanation on how many beers you had! No one cares or judges.

Assumptions, hey! Sorry. :bow:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
User avatar
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:17
Location: 台南, 台灣
Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby divea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:24

No biggie. :smile:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
User avatar
divea
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47
Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby sandman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 18:18

divea wrote:No biggie. :smile:

So you DID see the photos!

These users gave kudos to the author sandman for the post:
divea (Sat Jul 19, 2014 23:10)
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3864
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 13:44
Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby channamasala » Mon Jul 21, 2014 13:36

I do agree that not knowing these people and with no court case/charges etc. going on, it's between them until one of them decides not to make it between them, and so my opinion below is that of a random internet commenter and therefore not of much value.

That said, from what little information there is, I would say yes, it's rape.

Jean was in no state to consent even if Jean did say "yes". Although it is Jean's responsibility to keep hizzer head on straight enough to never be in a situation where Jean says "yes" to sex s/he is in no state to consent to, it is also Alex's responsibility not to go to happy town with anyone who is clearly in no state to consent. This is true no matter the genders (I also assumed Jean was female, because I don't think a man could continue if he was passed out or blacked out? Wouldn't he lose the erection? But I'm not a doctor, what do I know). In fact they may have both been men or both been women. I just don't think it matters.

Society works because people not only take care of themselves but also have obligations to others. That's true in almost all spheres, even as we maintain our individual boundaries. Therefore, it is everyone's responsibility both to not get so shitfaced that you don't even know you've consented (and therefore can't really consent - not in the true sense of the word), but also to not have sex with someone who has clearly not consented in full mental faculty. If you do so, it is a form of rape.

Yes, the lines are blurry: at what point does 'buzzed but can still consent' turn into 'not in any state to consent'? And where would that line fall for strangers vs. a dating couple vs. a married couple? But if Jean passed out and doesn't remember saying yes to the sex or the sex itself, then Alex has taken advantage of Jean. If passing out has occurred, I think it's safe to say that Jean was in no state to truly consent.

How does Jean know that Jean did not climax? If Jean's a man, the, err, evidence would be in someone else's body cavity. And if Jean's a woman, I don't know if a woman - or a man - can climax while passed out (and I am not tempted to find out for myself) but even if she could, how would she know? There's not a lot of physical evidence left over.

I suppose it is possible that Alex did not know Jean was not capable of really consenting, even if Jean said "yes". Some people can seem quite fine, but be basically blacked out on their feet (I have a friend who has this issue: she looks and acts normal, normal enough to convince people she's fine to go home by herself, and wakes up not remembering anything). I have no idea what to say about that, and that sort of talk is for Alex and Jean (if Jean even wants to talk to Alex), and for Jean to consider.

But with the information given? Best speculation is yes, it was rape.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."

These users gave kudos to the author channamasala for the post:
Kal El (Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11)
User avatar
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 23:32
Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Re: Date Rape Or Something Else

Postby channamasala » Mon Jul 21, 2014 13:37

Inebriated men can maintain an erection but a passed-out man? The lack of consciousness is what makes me wonder.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
User avatar
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 23:32
Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

PreviousNext

Return to Dating & Relationships