British men are sexiest

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

British men are sexiest

Postby Big Vern » Sun Oct 20, 2013 16:12

http://travel.cnn.com/worlds-sexiest-na ... tes-255286

We've all known the truth for a long time, and now it's official. American women find our extensive vocabularies, correct use of grammatical aspect, and bad teeth impossible to resist.

If any murkins want some tips on how to pull birds then send me a PM.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 482 times
Has gotten kudos: 776 times

Re: British men are sexiest

Postby shiadoa » Sun Oct 20, 2013 16:31

Of course I knew this all along :cool:
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 153 times
Has gotten kudos: 246 times

Postby Toad » Sun Oct 20, 2013 17:58

Sadly for British men, British women were (IIRC) voted the least sexiest.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 899 times
Has gotten kudos: 673 times

Postby Big Vern » Sun Oct 20, 2013 19:41

Toad wrote:Sadly for British men, British women were (IIRC) voted the least sexiest.

I wonder if there is an evolutionary reason behind that? Like peacocks and peahens?

Perhaps British women don't bother trying because they kind of get used to the best males being all around them :ponder:
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 482 times
Has gotten kudos: 776 times

Postby shiadoa » Sun Oct 20, 2013 19:59

Big Vern wrote:
Toad wrote:Sadly for British men, British women were (IIRC) voted the least sexiest.

I wonder if there is an evolutionary reason behind that? Like peacocks and peahens?

Perhaps British women don't bother trying because they kind of get used to the best males being all around them :ponder:

Maybe. Although some British women (like my Ex) have an exceptional personality and other qualities, despite having a face like a shaven Horse. :facepalm:
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 153 times
Has gotten kudos: 246 times

depends on which "British" you are.

Postby channamasala » Mon Oct 21, 2013 01:05

Totally depends on which British Stereotype you embody.

Daniel Craig British? Rupert Grint British? (Even nuggety Daniel Radcliffe British?) Hugh Grant Minus Stupid Haircut and Womanizing British? Matthew Lewis After He Got Hot British? Todgerbits Rumplesnatch...I mean, Benedict Cumberbatch, from Some Angles British? Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy British?

You're hot.

Hyacinth Bucket's Brother-in-Law British? Prince Charles British? Wills To Some Extent (he just looks so toothy) British?

You're not.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."

These users gave kudos to the author channamasala for the post (total 2):
Icon (Mon Oct 21, 2013 09:44) • jimipresley (Mon Oct 21, 2013 02:14)
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Re: depends on which "British" you are.

Postby Taffy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 08:44

channamasala wrote:Hyacinth Bucket's Brother-in-Law British?

I think you're being unduly harsh.

Beefcaaaake.
Taffy
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 224 times
Has gotten kudos: 251 times

Postby divea » Mon Oct 21, 2013 09:36

Tolkein, Arthur Conan Dyle, Alistair Mclean, Wilde, Shakespeare, Woodehouse, Dickens, all yummy pens. Hot!!
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby Icon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 09:50

Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Queen, Duran Duran... where were we?

Tom Hiddleston, of course Benedict Cumberbatch (the accent, the tone, the words...), practically all the geeky idols are British. But most of all, the one and only, Sean Connery. :lovestruck:

Guess I have my next year's vacation destination. :heybaby:

EDIT:

I mean, guys, c'me on:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 541 times
Has gotten kudos: 833 times

Postby channamasala » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31

Oh, I totally forgot Hugh Laurie. I guess because I first got to know him as House. Oops. :aiyo:

I didn't count Sean Connery because I'm just not into older dudes, but I agree when he was young he was scrumptious. Also, he's Scottish. I feel like that's different somehow. I would make an Older Dude Exception for Patrick Stewart however.

But for every Hugh Laurie, there's a Vernon Dursley (sorry, don't know the actor's name)...in every country.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby HeadhonchoII » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41

divea wrote:Tolkein, Arthur Conan Dyle, Alistair Mclean, Wilde, Shakespeare, Woodehouse, Dickens, all yummy pens. Hot!!

Well he was also British at the time but he is Irish to us..Oscar Wilde. When I was going to college our department building was being renovated, and I spied some very old signs such as 'eye surgery here' etc. Turned out that the building was Oscar Wilde's father's surgery, and the family had lived in the adjoining building also. It was also possible to stay in his old college room if you were lucky, which was also kind of cool.
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby Icon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:43

Chana, you can tell I belong to a different generation. :oops: :grin:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 541 times
Has gotten kudos: 833 times

Postby channamasala » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:44

Then you've got your "Brad Pitt in 'Snatch'" British. Nice face, but what language is he speaking and you can tell he's got some nasty venereal disease, or at least crabs.

Then there are the names. While I enjoy a nice Nigel Thornsby here and there, you've also got your Lord Frumpton Higginsworth Rapeybottoms in there too and I just...sometimes the names just kill the sexiness.

Also, Oscar Wilde was pretty hot, but he wouldn't exactly return a tawdry glance from you or me!

channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby channamasala » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50

I also love Led Zeppelin, but not for their looks. :smile: They make up about 20% of my playlist sometimes. I try to get students into them because, if I have to singlehandedly, person by person, change the tendency to listen to utter crap Western music in Taiwan, then damn it I will. My heart will NOT go on. It is NOT Yesterday Once More.

Icon wrote:
Guess I have my next year's vacation destination. :heybaby:

We're quite likely to be in the UK for a couple of weeks next year, just not sure when.

These users gave kudos to the author channamasala for the post:
Icon (Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58)
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby divea » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59

HeadhonchoII wrote:
divea wrote:Tolkein, Arthur Conan Dyle, Alistair Maclean, Wilde, Shakespeare, Woodehouse, Dickens, all yummy pens. Hot!!

Well he was British at the time but he is Irish to us..Oscar Wilde.

True.....and Maclean is Scottish but you know UK men.

OT but you know the pity?? Librarians in the children's dept. of the New York Public Library have not heard of Enid Blyton. NYPL and not a secret seven you can borrow. NONE. No famous five nothing. They've never heard of her and I am talking main branch and catalogue and all that. :facepalm: Even my Neihu branch library had Noddy books and Magic faraway Tree thingy.

Guys anyone remember 'Are you being served?'. It was so un PC, it was cool.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Next

Return to Dating & Relationships