British and American guys look different

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Tell us about it! We probably won't be able to help, but it might be good for a chuckle.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: British and American guys look different

Postby Beaker » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:10

Jaboney wrote:My wife asked just a couple nights ago if Brits and Americans move differently. She's been watching Elementary and noted some similar mannerisms in my brother-in-law. I think there's something to that, at least.

I'm not saying there are differences in mannerisms. However, the comment the above poster made about 'annoying voices' is plain f'in ridiculous.
-Beak
You have no idea where I've been... unless you're stalking me... in which case, can you tell me where I was last week?
Beaker
Tech

Has given kudos: 60 times
Has gotten kudos: 97 times

Postby ChinaCat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:44

lro wrote:yanks boom their annoying voices so loud that you dont really need to SEE one to identify one, you hear them before anything else.

Never seen Brits on holiday in Amsterdam, I suppose? :neutral:
You have been permanently banned from this board. Reason given for ban: CONTEMPT - Rude, dismissive, or disrespectful responses to official moderator communications. A ban has been issued on your username. - Forumosa.com
ChinaCat
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 936 times
Has gotten kudos: 686 times

Postby Big Vern » Wed Jul 31, 2013 14:42

ChinaCat wrote:
lro wrote:yanks boom their annoying voices so loud that you dont really need to SEE one to identify one, you hear them before anything else.

Or pretty much anywhere for that matter. Check out what our lot are up to in Malia at the moment :doh: .

I hate to get a plane back to the UK that stops off at Bangkok because of the tattooed scum that board there. Bunch of classless whoring pedos.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 482 times
Has gotten kudos: 776 times

Postby sandman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 14:44

ChinaCat wrote:

Brits in the 'Dam are old boring farts these days. I could give you an extensive list of fuckup destination for British chavs, all over Europe, and it would be extensive. Face it. Brits abroad are HATED by pretty much everybody.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 304 times
Has gotten kudos: 801 times

Postby Toad » Wed Jul 31, 2013 18:10

Big Vern wrote:Check out what our lot are up to in Malia at the moment

Who's Malia? Is she Thai?
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 899 times
Has gotten kudos: 673 times

Postby Big Vern » Wed Jul 31, 2013 19:13

Toad wrote:
Big Vern wrote:Check out what our lot are up to in Malia at the moment

Who's Malia? Is she Thai?

There are too many links, so I'd suggest googling Malia. Three reported rapes and a fatal stabbing last week. The locals are pining for the time when they just had Germans, Danes and Scandinavians. Unfortunately, they got greedy and went downmarket. Big mistake.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 482 times
Has gotten kudos: 776 times

Postby shiadoa » Wed Jul 31, 2013 19:16

Of course we Brits are Educating our Children far better , to be Pacifists. :facepalm:
It's a Mad, Mad World.
shiadoa
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 153 times
Has gotten kudos: 246 times

Postby Kal El » Sat Aug 31, 2013 21:21

Big Vern wrote:I had an interesting, but brief, discussion with my wife's friends last night. Supposedly, they can tell whether a white guy is British or American just by looking at their faces. Unfortunately they wouldn't provide me with any specifics other than "George Bush is definitely American and Hugh Grant British." I was in a bit of a rush to watch the rugby so I didn't have time to point out the many flaws in their theory.

I wonder if this is a common belief in Taiwan?

It may be a commonly held belief here, but they can't tell for shit. I'm of solid British (Scots and English) stock who went to South Africa to fight in the Boer War and stayed. Yet I always have people telling me I'm American. :idunno:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1151 times
Has gotten kudos: 1097 times

Postby Budgerigar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 22:24

We're the ones with the assault rifles.
"The iconoclasm need not be loud and messy."--John Williams

"As I live and breathe," he muttered, "I swear I'll never drop another drink. Drink another drop. Whichever."--Derek Robinson

"So much death and no coffee to be had."--Daniel Woodrell
Budgerigar
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 56 times

Postby Corns » Sun Sep 01, 2013 00:41

ChinaCat wrote:

Or Prague for that matter. People are always talking about the number of Yanks in Prague, but whenever I've been there I've always been amazed at the bad behaviour of Britain's underclass on vacation. :lol: The look of disgust that the locals were giving the chavs was priceless. When it comes to loud, obnoxious tourists on the continent, I'd say that Amsterdam, the South of Spain, and Prague are full of chavs taking advantage of cheap flights and even cheaper liquor.
Chairman of Overseas Canadians United in Nominating Trump

You're actually a nihilistic sociopath wrapped up in a Canadian flag pretending to be some giant intellect tapping away from a southern French shed.---Broonale
Corns
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 124 times
Has gotten kudos: 208 times

Postby Icon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 16:55

"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 541 times
Has gotten kudos: 833 times

Postby channamasala » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42

Corns wrote:
ChinaCat wrote:

Or Prague for that matter. People are always talking about the number of Yanks in Prague, but whenever I've been there I've always been amazed at the bad behaviour of Britain's underclass on vacation. :lol: The look of disgust that the locals were giving the chavs was priceless. When it comes to loud, obnoxious tourists on the continent, I'd say that Amsterdam, the South of Spain, and Prague are full of chavs taking advantage of cheap flights and even cheaper liquor.

I felt that way in Prague, too. In fact, I didn't meet another American in Prague (I was there on my own for two days just for kicks because I was in Europe otherwise to attend a wedding, and had a very quiet, lovely, solitary two days wandering around) that I know of, but tons and tons and tonnnnnns of Brits. Some seemed fine, just nice folks on vacation. Others not so much: a lot of drunks, a stag weekend (they all had custom matching t-shirts with stupid nicknames on them like 'Meatpie' and 'The Chugger'), some loud folks, you know, that sort of thing.

So "lots of Yanks in Prague" surprises me too. I didn't see a one, other than myself. And if I did, they weren't making noise like (some of) the Brits.
"So it's true. You work with your FEEEEEEE-males. Arm them. YOU FORCE THEM TO WEAR CLOTHING! Sickening."
channamasala
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 138 times
Has gotten kudos: 193 times

Postby Jules » Wed May 07, 2014 20:57

Omniloquacious wrote:Is it the teeth?

The teeth for sure. Followed by the pasty lack-of-sun locked-in-an-office all day look
The clincher for me is the "Brits On The Piss" pack hoarding where 20 or 30 primeval Brits gather who have never seen or met each other until 20 minutes ago. They then decide to go on the piss destroying all and sundry in their path,similar to a neutron bomb.
True their behaviour is a national embarrassment but the average Brit who visits places like the Balearics on their annual liver pickling pilgrimage has nothing else on their mind.
Jules
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 2 times

Postby twodaystwodecades » Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:51

Reminds me of The Fall song, "British People In Hot Weather..." :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QftnPNjQXs&feature=kp
twodaystwodecades
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time